We have chosen to put our rooms, workstations and specialized equipment at the disposal of our students and artists in the visual arts and crafts from the area and the outside to allow them to perfect their artistic approach. The offer of these short-term periods of access to the studio upon reservation aims to promote the integration of the techniques transmitted during our formation, the exploration of new interdisciplinary avenues, innovation and the development of the expression contemporary art in the field of fire arts.
To reserve a short-term period of access to the workshop, you must be an experienced artist who has previously received adequate technical training that allows you to use the creation spaces and specialized professional equipment independently and safely without the need for technical assistance outside the holding of the mentoring sessions and respect the tranquility of the premises and the rules of operation and safety of the studio.
If you do not have the necessary experience to use the available space and equipment independently, but would like to gain access to it, we invite you to book a personalized one-on-one mentoring session during which we will provide you with a basic training session during which you will acquire the knowledge and autonomy required to reserve a short-term period of access to our studio.
DEFINITION OF USERS TO WHICH SHORT-TERM ACCESS PERIODS ARE OFFERED:
Student artist: student artist simultaneously signed in a training session at Solart Studio Gallery during the month of his access period at the time of his reservation.
Guest artist: freelance artist or former student not signed in a training session at Solart studio Gallery during the month of his access period at the time of his reservation.
- Access to the workstation of your choice and its specialized equipment during the short-term period of access that you have reserved at the time of your choice to match your availability..
- Access an individual 16×30 fixed shelf in a large closed cabinet to store your projects and belongings from the beginning to the end of the reservation of your booking period if you book a clay modeling or throwing station in the ceramic studio.
- Access an individual storage cabinet including 2 shelves of 11 x 14 in a large closed closet to store your projects and belongings from the beginning to the end of the duration of your booking period if you book a workstation on a jeweler’s bench.
- Access to a bathroom.
- Access to free parking.
- Access to the raw materials sales service of the studio according to the current pricing.
- Access to the firing service of the studio according to the current pricing.
- Access to a free wireless internet connection.
- Access to a large selection of technical reference documents to consult.
- Access to free recycled clay from the studio upon availability.
- Access to a refrigerated space for your meal.
VIEWS THE ROOMS, WORKSTATIONS AND EQUIPMENT AVAILABLE AT THE STUDIO
SHORT-TERM PERIODS OF ACCESS TO THE STUDIO OFFERED UPON RESERVATION:
PERIODS OFFERED TO ALL:
Full day access to the workstation of your choice: $ 75 (12h consecutive @ $ 6.25 / h from 9h to 21h)
Monthly plan 4 blocks of 4h access to the workstation of your choice during the month: $ 100 (4x4h consecutive @ $ 6.25 / h in the morning from 9h to 13h, in the afternoon from 13h to 17h or in evening from 17h to 21h)
PERIODS OFFERED TO STUDENT ARTISTS EXCLUSIVELY:
1h access to the workstation of your choice: $ 10
Block of 4h access to workstation of your choice: $ 25 (4h consecutive @ $ 6.25 / h in the morning from 9h to 13h, in the afternoon from 13h to 17h or in the evening from 17h to 21h)
ADDITIONAL STORAGE SPACE AVAILABLE TO USERS ON REQUEST
Some artists using short-term access periods accumulate more pieces over time or undertake larger-scale projects and require more storage space than others. In order to meet their needs while properly planning the use of space and remaining fair to all our users, we have chosen to offer them access to the following additional storage spaces by reservation on a monthly basis.
- 16 x 35 fixed Individual storage shelf in large closed cabinet in the clay studio: $ 25 per month
- Removable 14 x 24 individual storage shelf in a bookshelf in the clay studio: $ 20 per month
- 24×22 Fixed Individual Storage Shelf in Shelf in the kiln room: $ 25 per month
- Individual storage space including 2 11×14 shelves in a large closed cabinet in the molding, jewellery and micro-foundry room: $ 20 per month
If you would like unlimited unrestricted access to an individual workstation as well as more storage space exclusively for your own production in the studio, we invite you to consult the booking terms and conditions. PERIODS OF LONG-TERM ACCESS TO THE STUDIO.
PROCEDURES FOR RESERVING SHORT-TERM PERIODS OF ACCESS TO THE STUDIO
STEP 1-CONTACT US VIA THE MESSAGING SERVICE OF OUR WEBSITE, BY EMAIL OR PHONE, TO INTRODUCE YOURSELF, DESCRIBE YOUR STUDIO EXPERIENCE, YOUR INTERESTS AND YOUR NEEDS AND SPECIFY THE WORKSTATION AND THE SPACES OF ADDITIONAL STORAGE (IF NECESSARY) YOU WANT TO RESERVE AND THE SPECIFIC PERIOD DURING WHICH YOU WANT TO ACCESS IT, IN ORDER TO CHECK ITS AVAILABILITY AND TO ALLOW PLANNING OF THE SCHEDULE OF STUDIO HOURS OF USE OF THE PREMISES AND EQUIPMENTS .
- throwing station, february 23rd in the morning
- glazing station, february 26th entire day
- modelling station in the morning on may the 9th, 15th, 22nd and 25th
- removable storage shelf 14 x 24for the month of May
CONSULTER LE DESCRIPTIF DES SALLES, POSTES DE TRAVAIL ET ÉQUIPEMENTS DISPONIBLES POUR DÉTERMINER LE POSTE QUE VOUS VOULEZ RÉSERVER.
ÉTAPE 2 — DÈS QUE NOUS AURONS RECU VOTRE DEMANDE, NOUS COMMUNIQUERONS AVEC VOUS POUR VOUS CONFIRMER OU NON LA DISPONIBILITÉ DE LA PÉRIODE D’ACCÈS QUE VOUS DÉSIREZ RÉSERVER ET VOUS ENVOYER UN LIEN VIRTUEL VOUS PERMETTANT D’EFFECTUER LA RÉSERVATION EN LIGNE DE LA PÉRIODE D’ACCÈS DE VOTRE CHOIX.
STEP 2 – AS SOON AS WE RECEIVE YOUR REQUEST, WE WILL CONTACT YOU TO CONFIRM OR NOT THE AVAILABILITY OF THE PERIOD OF ACCESS YOU WANT TO RESERVE AND TO SEND YOU A VIRTUAL LINK ALLOWING YOU TO MAKE THE ONLINE RESERVATION FOR THE PERIOD OF ACCESS OF YOUR CHOICE.
STEP 3 – FROM THIS LINK, BOOK THE RESERVATION OF THE PERIOD OF ACCESS OF YOUR CHOICE ONLINE BY COMPLETING YOUR PAYMENT BY CREDIT CARD, PAYPAL OR BANK TRANSFER.
The reception of your payment through our online booking system officially confirms your reservation of your short-term period of access to the studio.
If you book a period of several consecutive days and you would like to be hosted on the premises during your short-term period of access to the studio, you can reserve the loft usually intended for students and artists in residence at Solart studio Gallery if it’s available. We invite you to consult the description of our artist loft available for rent exclusively through the Airbnb hosting platform for availability, plan and book your stay corresponding to the dates of your period of access to the studio directly on the Airbnb booking platform.