We have chosen to put our rooms, workstations and specialized equipment at the disposal of our students and artists in the visual arts and crafts from the area and the outside to allow them to perfect their artistic approach. The offer of these periods of 3 to 12 months of access to the studio upon invitation aims to promote the integration of the techniques transmitted during our formation, the exploration of new interdisciplinary avenues, innovation and the development of the expression contemporary art in the field of fire arts.
DEFINITION OF USERS TO WHICH LONG TERM ACCESS PERIODS ARE OFFERED:
Freelance artists, students or former students who have been invited by Solart studio gallery to book a long-term period of access to the studio following the submission of their reservation request for a predetermined duration of at least 3 months .
To submit a reservation request for a long-term period of access to the studio you must be an experienced artist who has previously received adequate technical training that allows you to use the creation spaces and specialized professional equipment independently and safely without the need for technical assistance outside the holding of the mentoring sessions and respect the tranquility of the premises and the rules of operation and safety of the studio.
If you do not have the necessary experience to use the available space and equipment independently, but would like to gain access to it, we invite you to book a personalized one-on-one mentoring session during which we will provide you with a basic training session during which you will acquire the knowledge and autonomy required to submit a reservation request for a long-term period of access to the studio.
Application be evaluated by our selection committee.
The selection of artists is guided by the following criteria:
- The total length of the period of access requested by the artist. (For administrative reasons, artists requesting a longer period of access to the studio are more likely to be invited to Solart studio.)
- The artistic expression and innovation of the applicant’s works.
- The correspondence between the applicant’s artistic practice and our mission.
- Diversity, complementarity, constructive mix of practices and potential for interdisciplinary development.
POSTES DE TRAVAIL DONT L’ACCÈS EST OFFERT POUR DES PÉRIODES DE LONGUE DURÉE:
WORKSTATIONS OFFERED FOR LONG-TERM PERIODS:
- 2 throwing stations
- 1 modelling stations
- 2 works stations at the bench
DESCRIPTION OF RESOURCES INCLUDED IN THE LONG TERM ACCESS PERIODS:
- Unlimited access to a designated workstation of your choice and to the specialized equipment of the room where it is located without reservation every day during the period of residence between 9h and 21h.
- Possibility to let your work in progress at your assigned workstation throughout the period of your reservation.
- Access an individual 16×35 fixed shelf in a large closed cabinet to store your projects and belongings from the beginning to the end of the reservation of your booking period if you book a clay modelling or throwing station in the ceramic studio.
- Access a complimentary designated individual storage space including 5 shelf of 14×24 to store your production from the beginning to the end of the reservation of your booking period if you book a clay modelling or throwing station in the ceramic studio.
- Access a complimentary designated individual storage space in the kiln room if you book a clay modelling or throwing station in the ceramic studio.
- Access an individual storage cabinet including 6 shelves of 22 x 14 in a large to store your projects and belongings from the beginning to the end of the duration of your booking period if you book a workstation on a jeweler’s bench.
- Access to an individual cabinet with 6 drawers if you book a workstation on a jeweler’s bench.
- Access to the laboratory and glazing room upon reservation.
- Access to the foundry and finition room upon reservation according to your experience.
- Access to an outdoor work area for lost wax casting, raku and smoke firing upon reservation according to your experience.
- Access to a bathroom.
- Access to free parking.
- Access to the raw materials sales service of the studio according to the current pricing.
- Access to the firing service of the studio according to the current pricing.
- Access to a personalized mentoring service and technical assistance in the realization of your artistic projects upon reservation during your long-term period of access to the studio according to the tariffs in force.
- Access to a computer for research in the office upon reservation.
- Access to a large selection of technical reference documents to consult.
- Access to a free wireless internet connection.
- Access to free recycled clay from the studio upon availability.
- Access to a refrigerated space for your meal.
- Visibility to promote your artistic practice for free on the website and the news-letter of Solart studio Gallery if you wish.
- Opportunity to collaborate to the realization of cultural activities organized by Solart studio gallery.
DURATION OF THE LONG-TERM PERODS OF ACCESS OFFERED: from 3 to 12 months.
RATE: $ 300 per month. (from the 1st to the last day of the month)
PROCEDURES TO SUBMIT YOU APPLICATION
STEP 1 – DOWNLOAD, COMPLETE AND RETURN DIRECTLY, BY EMAIL OR BY MAIL, THE COMPLETED APPLICATION FORM FOR THE RESERVATION OF A LONG-TERM WORKSHOP ACCESS PERIOD AND JOIN THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS:
- your resume
- your artist statement
- 5 photographs of your recent works.
- the descriptive list including the title, the medium, the dimensions and the year of realisation of the photographed works submitted.
STEP 2 – FOLLOWING ITS RECEPTION, WE WILL EVALUATE YOUR APPLICATION REQUEST.
STEP 3 – IF YOUR APPLICATION IS ACCEPTED, WE WILL CONTACT YOU BY EMAIL TO INVITE YOU TO COMPLETE THE RESERVATION OF YOUR LONG TERM PERIOD OF STUDIO ACCESS. WE WILL SEND YOU A LINK TO OUR WEB SITE ALLOWING YOU TO CONFIRM YOUR RESERVATION AND MAKE YOUR PAYMENT.
STEP 4 – FROM THIS LINK, BOOK YOUR LONG-TERM WORKSHOP PERIOD BY COMPLETING YOUR PAYMENT BY CREDIT CARD, PAYPAL, BANK TRANSFER OR POSTDATED CHECKS.
The method of payment in several equal installments by postdated check dated 1st of the month corresponding to the number of months reserved is also offered to artists who wish to confirm their reservation of a long-term period of access to the studio.
Please make your checks payable to Atelier Solart and hand them to us or mail them to us at: 211 Lac Grosleau Road, Ripon, Qc, J0V1V0.
We invite long-term access artists who would like to extend their access to the studio to book their upcoming access period 1 month before the start of this new reservation periode to ensure the availability of the workstation they would like to continue using.
Note that in the event that we do not receive post-dated checks 1 month prior to the start of the new access period, your reservation will be canceled and this access period will be available again for another artist.
Receipt of your full payment for the duration of the up-coming long-term period of access to the studio you wish to book officially confirms your reservation.